Spring is in full swing and its time for fresh starts. But is your closet the only thing you should be cleaning out? How about cleaning out negativity and refreshing your mind with positive thoughts about the body that wears the clothes?
With summer just around the corner and thoughts of getting “swimsuit ready” it’s important to maintain a positive self-image. For me summer reminds me that my new years resolutions have fallen by the wayside, I am hitting the gym a little less, and everyday life is catching up. I go shopping for a bathing suit and I am quickly remind that I do not have the body I once had, but, I have brought two beautiful girls in this world and I try to set my mind at ease. I have realized that I have to be happy where I am at today. This doesn’t mean I’m settling or giving up, it just means that there are no quick fixes that I have found so I am going to embrace myself today and make a plan to work on and better myself tomorrow. Living a healthier lifestyle is not something that one can just jump in to like a cool pool on a scorching summer day. It starts with changing your mindset, planning, dedication, support, and reward.
- First, lets talk about getting our head in the game. It is important to remember to keep a healthy image of our selves. Our self-esteem is the bridge that caries us over hard times, it allows us to have confidence to overcome obstacles, and it gives us stability to turn to when in doubt. Without the right positive mind set you are stopping yourself before you have even begun. Take pride in knowing you are beginning a new endeavor that will lead to a healthier mind and body.
- Next, come up with a list of things that you would like to change and the steps you need to get you there. It is important to be realistic of your goals, so make sure you plan little steps in order to have greater successes.
- Dedicate yourself and commit to those small goals. If you feel like you are loosing sight go back and look at your reasons for wanting to change in the first place.
- Find support, find someone who appreciates your efforts, is inspiring, or even has similar goals. Accountability is the driving force when people work together; use it to your advantage.
- Finally, reward yourself every step of the way!
You cannot change the past, bad eating habits, negative outlook, or whatever it is that is keeping you from having positive mindset. All you can do is start fresh, clean out the mental closet and bring on the positivity.