CMS IS HIRING!!! The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a federal agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is seeking a Social Science Research professional. A career with CMS offers the opportunity to affect millions of American lives while helping to oversee the Medicare and Medicaid programs. We are looking for an analyst who is proficient in statistical data analysis to work in the Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics within CMS.
Working in the Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, you will serve as a Social Science Research Analyst responsible for performing program and policy analyses of services provided by HHS programs. You will develop and use surveys, market research, and statistical methodologies and techniques to conduct studies of assigned HHS programs. Specifically you will:
• Develop and conduct analyses to identify and understand the needs and preferences of HHS health and human services programs and the populations they serve.
• Plan, coordinate, and develop new tabulations and syntheses of data and other information from numerous sources, including CMS administrative and survey data, and other health related data sets, such as Census, private payer, or business data.
• Utilize computer software, such as, SAS/STATA or SQL programming languages, to analyze and retrieve statistical information to be included in work products.
• Develop statistical data and information products, including those for public dissemination, such as dashboards for data visualization, and interactive statistical tables.
• Plan, perform, and manage research studies and policy projects related to Medicare and/or Medicaid or HHS program populations.
If you are right for this job, now is the time to apply!! In order to be considered for the position, you MUST apply by following the instructions found in the vacancy announcement no later than April 16, 2015.
Link to the job announcement: http://go.usa.gov/3jfMA